< Back To Recipes
Brown Sugar Crumble Espresso Cake
- ½ cup brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1½ teaspoons cinnamon
- 1½ cups all-purpose flour
- 1½ teaspoons baking powder
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- 3 tablespoons butter, softened
- ½ cup cane sugar
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- ¾ cup vanilla almond milk
- ½ cup chopped pecans, for topping
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees and mist an 8×8 pan with cooking spray.
- Mix the brown sugar, espresso powder, and cinnamon together in a bowl and set aside.
- In a separate bowl, whisk the flour, baking powder, and salt together.
- Beat the butter and sugar together, then add the egg and vanilla. Add the milk a little bit at a time until just combined.
- Add half of the wet ingredients to the dry ingredients and beat until combined, then add the remaining wet ingredients.
- Pour half of the batter into the prepared pan, followed by half of the brown sugar espresso mixture. Pour in the remaining batter and followed with the remaining brown sugar espresso mixture. Use the tip of a knife to gently swirl the layers together and top with the chopped pecans.
- Bake until a toothpick comes out clean, about 27 minutes. Cool slightly in the pan before slicing and serving.